Using EternaBond® on PVC.
IMPORTANT PVC INSTRUCTIONS!
The plasticizers used in some new PVCs can have a negative effective on EternaBond® Tapes. Our recommendation:
- When possible, always use the manufacturer's installation methods.
- When using EternaBond®, first score the surface with a Scotchbrite pad, sand paper, or equal. Wipe away the dust.
- Keep the EternaBond® tape warm.
- DO NOT use EternaPrime®.
- Rub/roll the EternaBond® tape using extra pressure. We recommend a steel roofer's roller.
- Inspect the EternaBond® within a reasonable time frame. Call with questions.
OLD (AGED) PVC: EternaBond® is an effective and convenient way to repair aged PVC. Some PVCs have plasticizers that are re-activated when EternaPrime® is applied. Therefore:
DO NOT use EternaPrime®.
- Follow steps 2 - 6 above.
- If there are other surfaces that the EternaBond® will be bonding to (particularly masonry), where the installer prefers to enhance the installation by using EternaPrime®, then use EternaPrime® as normal on the non-PVC surface only.
- In cold weather (less than 40°F)
- Warm EternaBond® tape before installation.
- Apply extra pressure.
- Keep tape roll warm between repairs.
- If possible, apply heat to the repair area with a hair dryer or equal.